May 28, 2021
The Intrada Brass of Oakville welcomes applications for the position of General Manager.
Reporting to the Chair of the Board of Directors, the General Manager works with the Board to develop and implement short and long-range plans, as well as collaborating with the Music Director to provide the services required to meet the ensemble’s performance needs.
The position oversees and supports all operations of the Intrada Brass including overseeing accounts receivable and payable with the treasurer, budget, programs, venue, guest artists, personnel, equipment, grant applications, fundraising, social media, database management, and ongoing administrative tasks.
The General Manager also represents the Intrada Brass to provincial and community organizations, as well as to the general public and the business sector.
The ideal candidates should possess the following background and skills:
● Post secondary education in Office Administration, Business, Music or a related field is an asset
● Previous experience as an Office Manager or an Administrator is an asset
● Experience working with a not-for-profit board is an asset
● Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
● Strong organizational skills and a keen eye for detail
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and WordPress
● Working knowledge of QuickBooks or another accounting software is an asset
● Flexibility and the ability to work independently
This is a part time paid position (4-5 hours per week over 12 months) with the ability to work from your home.
Interested candidates should apply by sending a current C.V. and references to Intrada Brass
The start date will be August 1, 2020.
About Intrada Brass
Formed in 1995, the Intrada Brass (IBO) presents three main series concerts per year as an authentic British-style brass band with the goal of playing a wide repertoire as well as encouraging the composition and arranging of music by Canadians. With flexibility in ensemble size, Intrada has a robust outreach program and presents concerts and outreach events in the community and at local schools and retirement residences. Intrada Brass players are drawn from across southern Ontario and are high-level amateurs and professionals.